Slide Show

Thursday, October 11, 2012

We must dare.

Today I’d like to talk about daring. I’m sure many of you out there have some great ideas but you can’t or you are afraid to put on paper. I was like this for a long time. I was thinking a million things but I never went through with them because of fear. I was writing a lot but I was trembling in the idea for anyone to read them. I was scared.

One day I realized that if a story won’t be read …what’s the point? The stories are for people to read, to feel what the characters are feeling, to travel with them in new places, to hate and love with them. A good story can make you relax or laugh or get passionate with it. That’s the point of a story. And so…I dared.
Actually I dared more than ever. I created a new file on my PC and I started to write. I didn’t know where this could get me but I liked it and so I continued and after some months I had written my first novel. It is the biggest story I have ever write-101.741 words and I am proud about it. Friends who read it say nice stuff, which I think is good, but I keep editing and editing until I will be ready to put in online and that will be another step of daring.

So…why we need to be scared or afraid? I say we don’t!
Personally I don’t know if anyone else out there is ever going to read my novel (or novels since I will keep writing!) but I am happy I dared to do this step because I love writing and sharing with others what’s going on in my mind and, believe me, it is a mess in there.!:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment