Slide Show

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Teaser Tuesday #14: The Graveyard Book



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

 



Who doesn’t love Neil Gaiman? Really tell me who?

I haven’t read many of his books, actually this is the third I get to read, but I enjoy his writing so much! I love the stories he’s crafting and most of all the way he presents them to us. If I close my eyes for a moment while reading, it’s like he’s whispering into my ears! So vivid!

Here’s the tease:

“There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife. The knife has a handle of polished black bone, and a blade finer and sharper than any razor. If it sliced you, you might not even know you had been cut, not immediately. The knife had done almost everything it was brought to that house to do, and both the blade and the knife were wet.”


6 comments:

  1. This is one of the few Gaiman books I haven't read yet, although I bought a copy, because I'm scared of graveyards! But my sister tells me it's really good, so I should get over my cowardice. Now your post got me interested again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good so far, I agree with your sister! You should read it!
      And the plot is really interesting.I love a good mystery.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what an amazing teaser! I've seen The Graveyard Book praised endlessly, but haven't had the chance to check it out myself yet. (And LOL, you're way ahead of me, when it comes to Neil Gaiman. I've only read two of his books so far!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, isn't it? I loved that quote!
      Hehe, I'm just one book ahead of you. Grab one there's time!;)

      Delete
  3. Oh creepy! Never read this one, but I've heard good things over the years!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, creepy! Creepy is good! haha

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete