Slide Show

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Beat the Clock




It's a new day it's a new life .... it's a New Year!

I always feel cheery this time of year, don't you? It's like we reset the clock and we get to do the things right this time. Or differently if you prefer.

I close my eyes and listen to the ticking clock. Its rhythmic sound reminds me of a heartbeat and I know that it's the beating of my heart following the clock's rhythm as if a melody plays in the background but I cannot quite hear it. 

Tick Tack, tick tack and life goes on, choices and decisions create the path I'm walking on, and as the months pass by the beating of my heart is louder, same as the clock's ticking, as if the life I'm living adds a burden, making the clock to move slower and slower, until I can barely hear the sound at all.

But on New Year's Eve something magical happens. When the clock strikes midnight a soft breeze takes all the burden away and after a moment of silence, the clock starts ticking again, in an almost silent and calm tone like promising to me that I hold in my hands all the time in the world. 

Do you hear the clock ticking again?

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you have a very productive 2016! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! To you too, Heather! With many many more great characters to torture!;)

      Delete
  2. To me I find the constant ticking of any clock extremely annoying, but I love how you've described this sound as something beautiful. Maybe next time I hear a clock I should think of time passing rather than that annoying noise that I can't do anything about.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, it is annoying but try to think it this way. I hope it helps!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I sang the first line :D I agree with you that it's such a great feeling to get to start fresh and remember all the possibilities available for the year ahead. I hope you have an amazing year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you too a great year, Jaclyn! With lots of love and smiles!

      Delete