Slide Show

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trylle

I finished Trylle trilogy!!Yeah…now it’s time to discuss it so, sit comfortable and join me. Be careful though…our opinions may differ. :) Whatever is the case, feel free to share your opinion. I write spoiler free so anyone can read the post. I hate spoilers and that's the reason I avoid to tell the "secrets". :)  Don’t be afraid, press the link and start reading.


I will start with few words about the trilogy. The story starts with Switched and we follow Wendy’s life as she discovers that her whole world was built on a lie. OK…we know how it goes. Wendy learns that she isn’t who she thought she was and a new world is revealed before her and her adventure begins, it continues with Torn and we reach to Ascend for the finale.

Let me clarify that I wanted to read Trylle very much. The book trailers, the comments I had read and everything made me anxious to read the series that so many people had loved. Plus, I admire Amanda Hocking and what she managed to succeed and I will definitely continue reading her books.

I like the way Amanda Hocking writes and I kind of liked the story, but I wasn’t thrilled. I don’t know…maybe I expected too much, but I wanted more things to happen. I wanted more action. The first two books are really soft that reminds me of a fairy tale. I know the series is in that style, but I waited for the change and for the fairy tale to be more adventurous. Wendy is taking a bit easy the change which happens to her life and Torn confirms that too. It was like nothing was happening besides the emotions and the thoughts Wendy had. To my opinion, these two books were more like I was reading her diary or something. I am not saying that I didn’t enjoy it, because I did, but I just wanted more. Ascend though, was exactly what I wanted. I loved it and I am happy that the series ended leaving me with a good taste. Ascend has everything I wanted in the right doses. Although maybe a little more fighting would be good and maybe some killings too! I know…it is a fairy tale and things are smooth and pretty but that was what I didn’t like! I believe that a tone of brutality would make it even better.

That’s it…these few thoughts I have about Trylle. It was a nice read if you are about to read it, do it and please share your opinion with me!

8 comments:

  1. I actually liked the first book best. The second was a big disappointment for me, and the third was only okay. Wendy seems like a totally different person in book 3 than in the other books, and I wasn't all that impressed by her romantic adventures. I'm really hesitant to read anything else by this author now, which is a shame cause I loved switched.
    Glad you enjoy this series though ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wendy has changed in book 3 and I think it is logical. Torn was indeed a little disapointing but generally I don't find a reason not to read any of her books again. Every book is different and I am curious about Watersong series.

      Delete
  2. Hey There...
    I really like your blog.
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award
    Please collect your Award from Booklok Coffee

    Ciao
    Ankita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      Thank you very much. :D
      Thank you for the nomination too, but I have already participated. I have the post here under the name Liebster Blog Award if you want to check it out.
      I will read your post though. :)

      Delete
  3. I have the Trylle Trilogy and I'm still contemplating on reading them or reading Divergent series when I'm done with the book I'm reading now. I have never read any book by Amanda Hocking and I hope I'd love this one. Well, from what you said in your post, I think I would. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, the first two books weren't that good for me, but everyone has a different taste. Generally though Trylle is a nice read. I hadn't read any book by Amanda Hocking until Trylle but I didn't regret it. I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoy anything that Amanda Hocking writes, myself. Thanks for stopping by, I'm a new follower :)

    Cheers
    Andrea @ Andrea Heltsley Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for following. I followed you too on Twitter. :)

      I am curious about the Watersong series but it will have to wait for now.

      Delete