Well, new month arrived and I wish this will be the month I will finish my second novel! But there starts the real thing. So what is happening when you finally finish your novel? Here is my reality which you may find it helpful.
I have written almost two novels and yet I hadn’t the chance to publish one (self-publish). Well, I did publish my short story titled THE ANGEL OF CHRISTMAS and I am happy about that. To my point, when I finished my first which is an adventure/crime novel, I was so excited to publish it, and I still am, but there are things that must be done. Here is what I did and what I recommend you too.
· First, read it again and cut out pages and reshape it.
· Then, read it again watching plot errors and misspellings.
· After that, I personally tried to do some editing but because it isn’t right to do it yourself, I gave it to someone I trust and I knew that her job would be amazing. Of course at this point and if the money is not an issue, you can hire a professional editor which is the best thing to do. But then again, if money is an issue you settle with something else but as good as you can.
And here is where the biggest waiting in life starts for me. Of course the person who agreed to do the editing has many others things to do and so the process is moving slowly killing me inch by inch every day but I have to be patient and thankful. And I am.
Now, when I will get on my hands the manuscript again I am going to do another round of some things.
· I will read it so I will be able to see what the changes are.
· I will change the things that I don’t like and I will give those parts to the same person for editing again.
· Then it is good to have some persons to read it and tell you their thoughts, so I will do that too.
· And then I will be able to publish it!
This is a very long process especially for me that I am self-publishing and I don’t know how those things works exactly, but I am doing my best. I wish I could snap my fingers and my book was ready and published but this is reality and doing it all alone is a bit harder. So I now understand better some articles I was reading before I started writing the first novel. Every single one said that: When you are writing a novel you must know that: IT’S NOT GOING TO END SOON. And believe me…the “soon” you have in mind is a lot longer than the real one.
I hope this was interesting.