Slide Show

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Think Out Loud: Breathing Summer




This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.


I know it's early to say this, and I do say it every spring, but I can't help it. Since it happened I need to share it. You know how this goes, right? 

It smells like summer!

Don't you love the smell of early summer? The hot, but yet cold, wind, the smell of the ground since the sun is shining for too long, the little bugs that follow me and I run like crazy. Did I tell you that I hate bugs? Oh, yeah those small flying things are my nightmare! Oh, don't laugh, I can't stand the thought that some of them can get tangled in my hair! It's terrifying!

If you rule out those little creatures, one smell of summer and my mind travels to sunny beaches, blue and green-blue waters, the smell of sun cream on my body and salty smells and the sand! Sinking your feet in the hot sand and looking up the blue, cloudless sky. Oh, I love summers by the sea, the long hours of light and the sound of the water on the shore!

I grew up in an island and since May it was all about the beach, the sun and the sea. I miss the long months of swimming and I do get cranky when I can't go back for long enough nowadays. When summer comes I'm always that little kid playing in the sand, swimming and refusing to acknowledge that the world keeps spinning during the summer. How can it be? Summer should be all about the breach, and peace of mind. Don't you agree?

Happy Spring and, please, do smell the summer! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you when it comes to bugs. I'd be quite content if they decided to stay away from me forever, haha. Hope you enjoy your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! It's still away but it's coming!!!!:D

      Delete
  2. I do have my mind on summer now that it's spring. Even though I grew up on the islands my summers were in Iowa so diesel, cut grass, and dirt remind me best of those hot sunny days. I'm cheering for you to get your beach days. You're so right about how summer should be a time warp. Happy flying (and dreaming) Athina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about those beach days, Robyn! I'm telling you, I'm mentally tanning!
      Have a great week and ... happy swimming, what else!:)

      Delete