Slide Show

Monday, April 8, 2013

The most creative time of the day


It’s official, my most creative time of the day it’s when I go to sleep. No, no don’t laugh, I’m serious. I can’t really explain why but it has happened to me too many times to ignore it. The moment I close my eyes and I try to sleep, my mind just go wild. Maybe it’s the quiet of the night, no lights, to TV, no music, nothing. It’s just me and my thoughts. 

Those moments … something magical happens.


The last months I am in editing mode. I've finished two books and I’m editing the first, Dazed, in order to publish it. So, I've left my writing aside, which isn’t very pleasant; especially when I want so badly to edit my second novel and write its sequel. It’s just makes me mad that editing takes so much time. So, I wasn’t thinking much about the sequel and I put all my energy to editing. But that was until the other day.

I wasn’t really sleepy but I decided to sleep since it was pretty late. So, there I was eyes closed and all, but my mind had other plans. I just thought the beginning of my third book. It was like a voice whispered it in my ear and I liked it. I heard the words so many times in my head, but I feared that if I’d sleep, I’ll lose the whole thing. So, I took the note pad from my bedside table and I just wrote it down. I didn’t get up; I didn’t open a light, I just wrote it.

That was exactly the way I started writing the second book too. I had an idea but nothing more, when one night the beginning just came to me like a wave. I just couldn’t ignore it. What I love in these books is that my writing is completely different. It’s another project, another beauty. I wasn’t influenced cause of the editing that made me think that way again. I guess it was the time to start that sequel. And I started it. And I already know the title too.I don’t know if I'll be able to write everyday, but I plan to finish it as soon as possible. I have a million ideas for it right now. Why wait until the editing is done? I’ll just have another book ready and more editing. Sounds like a plan. :)

How about you? When it’s your most creative time of the day? 

8 comments:

  1. Yes, my most creative time is after hours, often after 10 p.m. at night, but not when I'm trying to sleep, when I'm still up and at the computer or pacing the floor and drinking tea. I can get so much done in the wee hours. Sometimes I write all night. I've just finished a mystery but it, too, is not edited yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to work at night too. I write all day. but at night I am too tired to work on the computer for long. I take my break and then when I go to sleep it's like my brain resets again. :)

      Delete
  2. My muse tends to attack me when I'm supposed to be sleeping, too. It's as if it's easier for the brain to be creative when you're not forcing it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it happens when we don't think about it. :)

      Delete
  3. I am the same way. I am never as productive creatively at any other time like I am at night. It is not ideal, but over the years I have come to appreciate that time as being ''me'' time and enjoying it.

    - Camilla
    happycompletehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel that too. The good thing is that when I wake up, I have the day's writing in mind. :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately for me, my most creative time is in the morning, which doesn't work out so well because 1) I'm not a morning person, and 2) I have to go to work. So all those wonderful ideas that percolate through my brain while I'm taking a shower are often lost before I have a chance to write them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad. You have to find a way to lock these ideas before you lose them. Sometimes I am so sleepy that I don't write down my ideas and then morning I;m trying desperately to remeber. Only a few times I have succed.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete