Slide Show

Monday, April 29, 2013

Dazed - Synopsis


Weeks are passing by so fast that I’ve lost track of time. It’s Monday already and that leaves me only three days before I have to take some time off and visit my parents, which means no internet. At least I have my cell, which will give me some internet access. Anyway, for today I decided to share with you the synopsis for my book, DAZED. Take a minute to read it, if you want, and tell me your thoughts. Would you read this story? How everything’s sounds?

So, here is the blurb for DAZED: 

Natalie’s life was never complete. Natalie has no memory of her mother as she was abandoned when she was very young. It is about time that she starts looking for answers. Everything starts with an essay her professor gave to her, that filled her with troubling thoughts, urging her to learn about the story of her mother. Her burning desire to reveal her past it is also a quest to discover the dark spots of herself.
Her father still refuses to talk about the woman who brought her to life and that is the final straw. A handsome Personal Investigator is helping her, but the results are confusing. Someone doesn’t want them to find her mother. Someone is always one step ahead of them, covering her tracks. An ex-FBI agent is tangled in this game by a mysterious figure who acts in the shadows. Carrying out his commands will be the prelude to the oncoming manhunt.
Natalie’s life is falling apart. Fragmented information comes to her by random strangers and she struggles to put them together, but the more she gets to find out the truth, the more it slips away and her life is at stake.
But she won't give up.
She will cry, fight, bleed, love and she will get what she want even when everything is against her. But, what will she do when the truth is eventually revealed and she finds out that… some things are better to stay hidden?


Any comments? What do you think? 
I wish you an amazing weekend. Thanks for your time. :)

4 comments:

  1. "She will cry, fight, bleed, love and she will get what she want even when everything is against her. But, what will she do when the truth is eventually revealed and she finds out that… some things are better to stay hidden?"

    The last paragraph is awesome! I love it. I'd love to read Dazed. I'm curious about Natalie and her mum already. I like a good suspense/mystery novel, and the book sounds like one. How's the editing going?

    I hope you do have a safe trip and a wonderful stay with your parents! And when you return I hope you give us more teasers like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it.
      The editing is going well, but it needs time. So, I don't know when the book will be ready. The editing process is like hell. :)
      But CC is very helpful and I hope I will have a good result with peoples' help.

      I plan to publish an excerpt from Dazed when I get back.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Athina! I agree that the last paragraph is good. However, the previous paragraphs sound a bit flat and, well, repetitive. I feel like you're using several sentences to express the same idea.

    Have you run this through CC? I recommend you do. You can just go to the forums and open a new thread. I'm sure you'll get tons of advice on the blurb. Or you could try the Hook queue (it's this upcoming weekend). However, the Hook queue is really harsh. I'd stick to the forums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by. :)
      No, I haven't run it through CC yet, but I'll do it. I haven't really looked the forums there. Thankf for the advice.

      Delete