Slide Show

Friday, April 26, 2013

A game of Tag


A game of Tag…Yay!!! I got the invitation by Kaykay who is a fellow writer and blogger. Go check his blog NOW. Thank you Kaykay!

Some of you may know this game but this is another version. Tag an author who is now “IT”. To play this game you have to share your Work in Progress (WIP) or it’s a smacked bottom and straight to bed with no supper! The choice is yours. :)


Here are the rules:
Give credit (including URL/link) to the person or Blog that caught you and who made you "IT" I was caught fair and square whilst running away.
Play by the rules - no pinching, kicking, spitting, Chinese burns, crying and definitely no tantrums! Which also means you must post the rules.
You must answer 10 questions about your current WIP, no matter the genre, because possibly we may like to get to know each other a little better (to be honest it's only 9 because as the 10th question is really only the next step)
List 5 other authors or Bloggers with their hiding places (URL/Links) so that they can be chased down and made "IT" so we can all go home now we've finished playing. Go in, eat supper, and check out THEIR books.


Question 1: What is the title (or working) title of your book?



Dazed.

Question 2: What genre(s) does your book fall under (or land near really!)?

New Adult, Mystery, Suspense.

Question 3:  What actors would you choose to play the characters in the film version of your book?

Hmm…that’s tricky! For the main character, Natalie Hartt, I’ll say Natalie Portman. And for her love interest, Ian Somerhalder.

Question 4:  What is the main outline for your book?

Natalie’s life is falling apart. She is searching for her mother but fragmented information comes to her by random strangers. She struggles to put them together, but the more she gets to find out the truth, the more it slips away and her life is at stake.

Question 5:  Will your book be Indie published, self published or represented by an agency and sold to a 
traditional publisher?

My book will be self published.

Question 6:  How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It took me a year, but I wasn’t writing in a daily basis.

Question 7:  What other books in this genre would you compare yours to?

That’s really really hard. I know that there is no comparison but since I have to answer, I’ll say with The Roadside Crosses, by Jeffery Deaver.

Question 8:  Who or what inspired you to write this book?

It was something that I always wanted to do but my boyfriend helped me a lot in order to start working on it.

Question 9:  What else about the book might pique the reader’s attention?

It has mystery, action, love, deaths and manhunt. It’s what I love in books and I hope other readers love that too.

Question 10:  Thank goodness!! Phew I've ran as fast as I can and these are the author's I've caught (and any who don't have a Blog of their own are welcome to have a sleepover at mine and post their answers here) 


And now the five authors I choose are:

Ksenia

I hope you can participate. I'd love to know about your books. If not, try and pass it on to another author that might be interested. Talk to you soon!! :)

6 comments:

  1. I imagine there will be deaths. Am I remembering this correctly that your guilty pleasure was characters dying? That was a while ago. I love the puzzle aspect of the clues and hints to danger. I wish you the best for Dazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!I wish the best for your books too. Btw I love the covers! :)
      Yes, you remember it right! I plead guilty!:)

      Delete
  2. Your outline sounds interesting. I love suspense books, I enjoy following the main character to solve the mystery. And I like books with action and deaths too! :) Thanks for participating and for tagging these other wonderful authors.

    It's been a bit tough over here, with the bad internet and constant power outages. :( I'll be active on CC by the middle of next month. I'd love to get a critique from you and would love to critique your work too.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for tagging me. I'm glad that you like the outline and I hope you can read DAZED once it is published.

      I know, bad internet is really annoying. I hope you can make it next month.

      Delete
  3. What a fun meme! Thanks for tagging me. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time to answer these questions, too!

    Also, I'm super-impressed that it only took you a year to write the first draft. I am so notoriously slow when writing my own books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked it. I wait to read about your WIP!:)
      And I thought that a year was too much! I wrote my second book in four months.

      Delete