Slide Show

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Teaser Tuesday #16: Stardust



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I’m not in the mood for pretty much anything lately and thus I decided I needed Neil Gaiman. 

I was in a desperate need of his magnetizing narration, of the magic that sweeps me off my feet when I read his books and I picked one that would help me dream of magic and fairies.

How about chasing a falling star? 




“There was a cracking sound, sharp as a shot, and the light that had filled the grove was gone. Or almost gone. There was a dim glow pulsing from the middle of the hazel thicket, as if a tiny cloud of stars were glimmering there. And there was a voice, a high clear, female voce which said, “Ow,” and then, very quietly it said “Fuck,” and then it said “Ow,” once more. And then it said nothing at all, there was silence in the glade.”

I love it! 

3 comments:

  1. OOoh nice teaser!! Never did read this but I've heard good things!

    Thanks for visiting my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another Neil Gaiman book I've seen countless people praise, but have yet to read myself. (Whoops, haha.) Really love the teaser for this one. So gorgeous at the start, only to turn humorous... XD

    ReplyDelete