Slide Show

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Think Out Loud: What matters?



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

What really matters?

Days seemed to fly away lately. Weeks suddenly became months and now autumn is already here. I felt like I was on a fun wheel, the world moving in fast forward and I got only  glimpses of life.

And then I wake up one morning and the world barely moves. A strange silence envelops me and the wind has died down. The quietness terrifies me. Can I make the world spin again?

The world is oft surprising and as much as you hope, plan or calculate, the result may still be unpredictable. Like writing a novel. You start with a small idea, write a few words and then you have a new idea, completely different than the previous one. And you realize that you have a whole new story. Then what do you do? Hold on to the old, or chase this new one?

But I think the problem begins when you’re out of thoughts and scenarios. When the silence is so heavy and the clock almost stopped ticking. Then you have a real problem. And maybe then you’re wondering … what really matters?

Taking things for granted is not a good idea since everything can change in a snap of a finger. From the tiny little thing to the most important in your life. So, if I wanted to answer that question I’d say that everything matters. But this doesn’t mean we fully understand it.

When our world is spinning there’s only a number of things that can hold our attention. But what about the all the other stuff we’re missing? Can we get them back? No. Because there is no rewind, only fast forward.


But, I guess, that’s why we have those moments of stillness. To regroup, think and wonder … what really matters? 

3 comments:

  1. Family, love, friends, hope, dreams, marshmallows, daisies, purple, wishes...those matter :D I hope you find a great reflection in your stillness that will fill your mind anew with stories. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those definitely matter more than anything else. I'm just wondering, what else matters? :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jaclyn. Happy Friday!

      Delete