Slide Show

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Think Out Loud: Birthdays



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

Well, I am a little confused if I should post on Wednesdays or Thursdays so this may be a little delayed. 


Birthdays! Who doesn’t love birthdays?

Today is a special day, a beautiful day, even if I’m getting older.

Memories stir and I remember all those days in November 28th. Either home with family, with friends, out for drinks, or in the beautiful Brugge in Belgium, or go fishing with my father. So many different days.
Birthdays are for dreams and hopes. We look at the cake and just before we blow out candles, we close our eyes and make a wish.

There is a certain magic. We feel unique since all the lights are on us and we smile. We focus on the positive side of life ignoring everything else that troubling us. We celebrate and make dreams. We fly.

Please, fly with me today. All of you who may be celebrating and those who don’t. Why not make every day a celebration? I say we focus on our dreams, work to make them real and ignore fears and black thoughts.

Years are passing by, we getting older, we grow up, but that’s good. We are moving closer to our dreams, to our deepest desires.

Let’s celebrate life! More amazing things are yet to come.  

Tell me about your birthdays. Share your thoughts. :)


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Athina! I never thought of birthdays this way. You share glimpses of the world I overlook. I love the part about closing our eyes and making a wish. I will be thinking about you on this splendid day. It's neato that you have fishing stories with you dad. I try to make birthdays a big deal for the boys but they lost some of their appeal over the years. If I could hold onto the spirit of this post, then I bet they'll be a bit more magical in the future. Oh, happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Robyn. :)
      I'm happy that I can show you glimpses of another way of thinking. I love that about blogging. We learn new things every day.

      Every year is different and every age is different, so the boys will find the birthday beauty again. I'm absolutely sure :)

      Have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! (Even if I am seeing this post a day late. Oops!) Hope it was a fantastic day for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Heather. :)
      It was indeed a great day.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love birthdays! I do feel special on mine, and I love making my kids and husband feel special on theirs. My birthday is three days after my husband's, but I was born in '81 and he was born in '82, lol. We're both Cancers. My son's birthday was just two weeks ago, and my daughter's birthday is in two weeks. It's cool how their birthdays are close and my birthday is close to their dad's.

    You're so right about celebrating everyday. Too often we all get caught up in the day to day crap we have to deal with and forget that every day we wake up is precious. Well said, Athina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer!
      Hehe, is so cool that yours and your husbands birthdays are so close. I imagined it would be a huge celebration each year. :)

      Yes, we caught up in the day to day crap and we let everything fade. So, here's to birthdays!

      Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Happy late birthday Athina! You're right, birthdays are special, because they do mark the time in another way than 'normal' days do. And the memories of birthdays from the past are always sweet, in my opinion. I hope this birthday was awesome, that you have even more great memories for next year now.

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, :)
      Yes, I agree with you. Memories are always sweet.
      I had a wonderful time and I wish your birthday to be awesome too.

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete