Slide Show

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Struggles in Life





One of the things I do every morning is to check the Goodreads quote. I happen to like a lot those few words that change every day and make me dream. So it has become kind of a morning routine. Today there was this: 

“One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.”

— Sigmund Freud

I've come to believe that this is quite true.

There are times, months, even years that are truly years of struggle. The word seems gray and even if it's bright there is a shadow like someone is blocking our sight. If you'd ask me I can count many months and even years of days like these, where the sun didn't feel warm on my skin even it blinded me. Looking back at those months though I realize that there was always a bright side.

We get over that stuff. Isn't that what matters? We get over and move on, that's our nature. Growing up, we develop a thick skin and we should be proud. Having left those days behind, means that we made it. 

It's like finishing a book after all those months or struggling with words, characters and even yourself. Since you finished it, it means that you got over the writer's block, you overpowered the voice that tells you that you're not good enough, or the one that says it's all crap. Look at the bright side, acknowledge the changes that occured while you suffered and fought and finally won. 

Because things do change. As long as you don't give up, things will always keep changing. It's not like stillwater, it won't go moldy if you keep splashing it.

Just think about it.

2 comments:

  1. =) I should start reading Goodreads quotes. Changes are always needed to grow and learn. If one doesn't change than nothing will ever change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes you should read those quotes!
      Change is a sign of movement. It's good. :)

      Delete