Slide Show

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Think Out Loud: What's that voice?



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.

Inspiration. The word amazes me and the meaning sends me fly sky-high. Inspiration! What it really means to each and every one of us? How do you experience and how do handle inspiration?

For me it’s like a calm and beautiful voice. It comes unexpectedly and whispers in my ear. And of course I listen to it. I let my body relax while surrendering to the voice, letting it travel me and my mind spins. Every time I say I can’t write this, I end up writing it. I shove away the sounds and the craziness of the world and I just write. With the voice close to my ear, whispering. It’s like every character I write comes to tell me their story. They are in charge. I’m only there to write it down.

I’ve talked about inspiration again. How it comes to me when I’m going to sleep, how I wake up in the middle of the night to write down an idea before it slips away. But yesterday I realized how magnificent it is. I just open my mind and let it dream, create.

I believe the key is not to be stressed. We can be inspired if we let ourselves free and don't think about it. Then it comes to us and it’s beautiful.  


How about you? It’s a voice? An image? Tell me about it. 

5 comments:

  1. Hehehe Not to be stressed is a difficult thing for me to go by. I just have too many things going on in my head.

    For me it's everything. I sometime think myself crazy that I have folks in my head thinking for me. And to say I argue with them and them with each other.... ugh! They do show me images too, landscape of their home, the inside, the outside... random things. Even music brings them out and show me things, most especially telling me a scene....

    Well, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I can never relax whenever inspiration hits. I just get bouncy with excitement! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Athina. It is a wonderful and freeing thing when something just come me or when I finally see a way through a scene or when a story jumps into my head. One of the things that helps me through hard times is the knowledge that pain is just as inspiring as joy. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    (I'm on a little blog break right now but I just had to stop by. Thanks for a great TOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Athina! I really enjoyed this post. Inspiration is an important thing! I am usually stressed, but you are right, when inspiration strikes it's like my head clears a bit and I get super into what I'm doing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, that's how I do my essays for class! I read everything I need to get going, and then I go to bed - and voilĂ  I wake up with an essay ready in my head :)

    Have a fantastic day, Athina.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete