Slide Show

Friday, January 31, 2014

The ravings of an addicted writer

January is about to end and this new year is officially here. A discussion with a friend made me think and things got a little clearer on my mind.

I spent 2011 and 2012 writing. I wrote my first novel, Dazed, which was a good practice and a way to develop my skills, learn about language and grammar and POV and stuff I didn’t know before. I learned how to develop a story, to manage my thoughts and ideas and it was a wild travel!

And then like out of nowhere and when I was sure that I couldn’t possibly write anything else … Divided was born. I spent four months writing it and I was amazed on how easy it felt. As I’ve said before, it was like the characters recounted the story to me. It was magnificent.


And then 2013 came and I left Divided, rough as it was. They say it’s good to leave a project and come back to it later, but I didn’t do it on purpose. I just decided to edit Dazed and doing that I was introduced to the world of criticism. I joined a great critique group and I kept developing and learning more about writing.

Now it’s 2014 and I’m back on a new project. I edited Divided and now that I refreshed the story on my mind, I’m editing Damaged, which is the sequel, and I’ve only written 30.000 words. I want to finish Damaged and move on the third and last book of this trilogy. I also figured out the series title! Yeah!

It’s The Wandering Souls series.

How does that sound? I’m super excited.

I don’t really know how I started writing this post. It was just a sudden need to spill it out, to say it out loud. I WANT TO WRITE! Oh, with all this editing I missed my writing and I felt like I was about to explode if I didn’t write.

Well, that’s it. Now I can edit a little more so I can take a step closer to writing.


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Your series title is awesome! Happy flying, Athina!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm is infectious! Glad to see you enjoying writing so much. And The Wandering Souls is such a great series title--if I saw that in a bookstore, I'd definitely pick the book up to learn more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad it's infectious! :)
      Yes, I really enjoy writing so much and I want my readers to enjoy the books as much too! If I wasn't so scared of editing I would have put my book on Kindle.

      Oh, I'm so smiling right now! You'd pick it up! That's important! It's a good title, right? :)

      Have a great week, Heather!

      Delete