Slide Show

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Think Out Loud: Silence



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.


Lately I’m not in the mood to do many things. I read, a little, I write a little, but just a little. I don’t really know why. It’s not that I am having a writer’s block or a block at all. It’s just I feel so tired. There are a million things I want to do but I find myself wanting to just sit and do nothing. I missed the silence, the complete lack of noise. I feel disoriented and I want some peace and quiet.

I want to stop thinking for a while, to shut everything down and take a deep breath of fresh air. I am stressful, anxious and I always want  to do something. Well, today I am taking the rest of the day off and maybe the whole weekend off. We will see.

But I had to think out loud. Like in my personal diary I had to tell myself to shut down. It’s a huge deal, for me, not to press myself and it’s hard to stay still. But every now and then I need to just stop and reorganize, adjust my plan according the changes in my life.

After all like Lao Tzu had said: Silence is a source of great strength. And I really could use some of that.


7 comments:

  1. I get so antsy sometimes. My mind won't quit with wishes and dreams, but the rest of me is paralyzed in inaction. Movies and TV or road trips help me the best. Sometimes reading works, but only if it's a big genre shift (and a great book).

    I hope you find the good kind of quiet that feels like the best company. I've been looking for it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn. Yes, sometimes silence is the best company. :)

      Delete
  2. It's great to take some time off from everything and just let go and ease back. enjoy your time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is great. You're right.
      Have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  3. I've been feeling like this a lot lately, too. I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm to accomplish all I want or need to do.

    I hope you have a good day and/or weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel you. I hope it will go away soon, so we can continue doing what we love, :)
      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. I really hope getting some rest will make you feel better! I actually like silence too. Makes it much easier to sleep! LOL... Great TOL and I am so glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete