Slide Show

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Teaser Tuesday #13: Frankenstein



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
It’s alive!

I’m so excited and I just started reading this book! Frankenstein, the monster who was created from body parts, the monster whose stories made us chill, but have you ever read the actual book? Did you know that it was a woman who wrote it?

So, this is the book I’m reading this week by Mary Shelley and here’s a tease: 

"I feel my heart glow with enthusiasm which elevates me to heaven, for nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose – a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye."

Very promising, huh?


3 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I still want to read this one myself as well!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, great teaser! Frankenstein is one of those classics I've always hoped to get around to reading, but just haven't had the chance to. (Yet.) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good! Well if you're in the mood for a classic read, I say pick this one. ;)

      Delete